Basic elements of Blackjack
It’s time to show you the basic principles of a very trendy game within the casino tables around the world: the Blackjack!
First of all, you should know that there is a “valet noir” hidden behind the English tradition of Blackjack. Originally, if a player happened to have the following combination, Jack of Spades and Ace of Spades, then he would have won a bonus called Blackjack.
The goal of the game
The final goal of this popular game is to make a card combination, called also “turn”, which is as close as possible to 21 points.
Be careful, you mustn’t go over this key value, otherwise you will lose your initial bet.
Your enemy is in any case, the croupier himself! Defeat him making more points than him with a tour or making him going over 21.
Rules of the game
Within the basic principles of Blackjack, the value of the cards is essential. The cards with numbers indicated on them have the same values as those numbers.
The picture cards, which are the valets, queens and kings have a value of 10 points. As for the Ace, it can gives 1 or 11 points, choice is yours, according to your cards.
In front of you, the table of Blackjack is divided into compartments: a total of 7 compartments, also called spots. 3 players can play in the same compartment, but be careful. Only the player who is sitting can make a decision.
Each players makes his/her bet by the chips on the compartment in front of you. The Blackjack uses between 1 and 8 decks of 52 cards, distributed by the croupier with what we call the “sabot”, which allows him or her to be faster.
The match starts when the croupier gives two up-facing cards to each players and s/he picks only one for himself, up-facing.
During the initial distribution of the two first cards, it can happen that a player receives an Ace and a card giving 10 points, called a “face card”. In this case we say that there is a Blackjack. And the player wins an amount of one time and a half his/her initial bet.
If the croupier himself has got a blackjack when picking his/her second card, the bet is cancelled.
The player on the left of the croupier, can choose between six possibilities:
- To stand natural: you make a Blackjack during the distribution of your first cards (for example an Ace and a 10 or a picture card).
- To stand: your game satisfies you the way it is and you do not need additional cards.
- You can say “card” and the croupier will give you the cards you need in order to get as close as possible to 21 points. Be careful, if picking a card you go over 21, you lose your bet.
- Sidebet: it is used to protect yourself from the Blackjack that could be made by the croupier. If the up-facing card of the croupier is an Ace, you can have a Sidebet: your bet will be lower than the half of your initial bet.
- Split: if your two up-face cards compose a couple, you can split them in two different combinations and bet the same amount on each of them.
- To double down: you can choose to double your bet and you receive an additional card.
You know now the basic elements of Blackjack: make you game!